"Error: \\pc name is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource...Access is denied." When trying to access a share.
have 2 PC's on a wireless network - a laptop with Win XP home and a desktop with Win XP pro. Both PC's can see each other on the network under "view workgroup computers". The Desktop can access the Laptop's shares but the laptop cannot access the desktops shares - I get the above error message.
- Both ping each other successfully
- Computer browser is running on both
- Only one transport protocol installed, namely TCP/IP
- NetBIOS over TCP/IP is enabled in WINS
- Uninstalled third party client software
- Repaired the IP stack
- Repaired the Winsock
- Checked all NetBIOS names for possible duplicates
- All Firewall & Antivirus disabled (even tried uninstall)
- MS Firewalll disabled
- Both PC's have same users with no passwords
- Simple file sharing disabled on XP Pro (not poss on XP Home)
after ahving searched forum after forum i finally found my answer to resolve this, pretty simple once you know how
On the Pc that couldn't be browsed
This problem is caused when the "RestrictAnonymous" LSA registry value in XP gets changed from its default value of "0" (disabled) to "1" (enabled). This registry value can be located by opening regedit and going to:
_________________ The shit does what the shit does do!
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum